Cabinet approves AIIMS for Bihar’s Darbhanga
The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi has approved the establishment of a new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Darbhanga, Bihar.
Highlights of AIIMS at Darbhanga
- The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi has approved the establishment of a new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) under the Phase -1 Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY), at a total cost of ₹1264 crore which will fully funded by the central government.
- According to the official statement, the new AIIMS will be completed within a period of 48 months from the date of approval by the centre.
- The establishment of new AIIMS will not only provide super speciality healthcare in the region, but it will also help in creating a large pool of doctors and other health workers under the National Health Mission (NHM).
- The new AIIMS will provide the much needed super speciality and tertiary health care facilities at affordable costs to the poor and needy people of the society.
- It will also contribute to creating trained medical manpower for the National Rural Health Mission and other Health Programmes of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- It will also create a trained pool of teaching resources and faculty which can impart quality medical education, the government said in a statement.