New Pension Reform: Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Dr Jitendra Singh has said that rules have been relaxed for divorced daughters to receive Family Pension.
Highlights of New Pension Reform
- Under the new pension reform, a daughter will be entitled to receive the Family Pension even if the divorce had not finally taken place, but the divorce petition had been filed by her during the lifetime of her deceased parent employee or pensioner.
- The earlier rule provided for payment of Family Pension to a divorced daughter only if the divorce had taken place during the lifetime of deceased parent pensioner or his spouse.
- The new circular will not only bring ease in the life of pension receiving individuals but also ensure respectable and equitable rights for the divorced daughters in society.
- Under the new pension reform a Divyang child or sibling even if the Disability Certificate is produced after the death of the pensioner parent but the disability had occurred before the death of the parents. Similarly, to bring ease of living for the Divyang pensioners.
- Attendant Allowance for the helper has been also increased from 4,500 rupees per month to 6,700 rupees per month.
- All Pension Disbursing Banks have been instructed to provide doorstep Life Certificate to those pensioners who are unable to visit the bank.
- The senior citizens who have gone and settled abroad with their children after retirement, for them a circular have been brought out on Consolidated Instructions on Life Certificate and commencement of Family Pension for those living abroad. The concerned Bank Branch abroad and the Indian Embassy, Consulate and High Commission have been instructed to provide Life Certificate and commencement of Family Pension there itself.
Source : AIR