- PM Modi digitally launches Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana and e-Gopala App
- Also read:
PM Modi digitally launches Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana and e-Gopala App
PMMSY and e-GOPALA App are digitally launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) is a flagship scheme for focused and sustainable development of the fisheries sector in the country with an estimated investment of over Rs. 20 thousand crores and the e-Gopala App, a comprehensive breed improvement marketplace and information portal for direct use of farmers.
Let us know more about PMMSY and e-GOPALA App:
Highlights of PMMSY Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) is the highest ever investment in the fisheries sector.
- It also aims at increasing fish production by an additional 70 lakhs tonne by 2024-25.
- On the occasion, Prime Minister Modi said that the aim behind launching all these schemes is that the villages should become the strength of 21st century India, energy and self-reliant India.
- Initially, the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is being launched in 21 states of the country and aims to spend over Rs. 20 thousand crores in the next 4 to 5 years.
- Through these facilities, fish producers will get new infrastructure, modern equipment and new market.
- e-Gopala app will be a digital medium which will help livestock owners to choose advanced livestock.
- This app will give all information related to productivity, health and diet to the cattle owners.
Source : AIR
- The Future of Cryptocurrency
- Sports News June 2021 Current Affairs
- Miscellaneous News June 2021 Current Affairs
- Science and Technology June 2021 Current Affairs
- Ranks and Reports June 2021 Current Affairs