Rajiv Mehrishi Committee Will Assist In The Assessment Of Relief To Bank Borrowers
Government has constituted a three-member expert committee chaired by former CAG Rajiv Mehrishi to assist in the assessment of relief to bank borrowers. The committee will submit its report within a week.
Highlights Of The Mehrishi Committee
- Members of the Expert Committee:
- Shri Rajiv Mehrishi, former CAG of India – Chairperson
- Ravindra H. Dholakia, former Professor, IIM Ahmedabad & ex- Member, Monetary Policy Committee of Reserve Bank of India
- Shri B. Sriram, Former Managing Director, State Bank of India & IDBI Bank
- The committee chaired by former CAG Rajiv Mehrishi will measure the impact on the national economy and financial stability of waiving of interest and COVID-19 related moratorium.
- It will also give suggestions to mitigate the financial constraints of various sections of society in this respect and measures to be adopted in this regard. The panel will submit its report within one week.
- The move came as various concerns have been raised during the ongoing hearing in the Supreme Court in the matter regarding relief sought in terms of waiver of interest and waiver of interest on interest and other related issues.